Why You Should Build Your New Website Using WordPress
- January 15, 2024 @ 7:57 pm
- Categories: Articles | Content Management System (CMS) | E-Commerce | Search Engine Optimization (SEO) | The Rusty Pixel | Web Design | Web Hosting | Website Security | Website Tips | Wordpress & Blog
WordPress is an extremely popular and versatile Content Management System (CMS) that is widely used for building websites and makes it easy for anyone to add, edit, or delete content without any coding expertise required. At The Rusty Pixel we were early adopters of the innovate WordPress platform and today we build the vast majority of our new websites using it — but is WP right for you?
Here are our top 7 reasons why you should build your new website using the WordPress CMS:
- User-Friendly: WordPress has an intuitive and user-friendly interface and WYSIWYG editor, making it easy for even beginners to create and manage their websites content without extensive technical knowledge or coding experience.
- SEO-Friendly: WordPress is designed with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in mind. It provides features and functionality that helps optimize website content for major search engines (like Google). When used correctly, it can significantly improve your website ranking, thus making it easier for your site to be discovered.
- Scalability: Whether you’re launching a blog, opening a new business, or creating an e-commerce shopping cart web site, WordPress is scalable. Meaning you can start small and expand both your websites functionality and content quickly as your needs grow and change. There is also an extensive library of tools and plugins of all types to customize your website in more ways than you can possibly imagine.
- Security: With frequent updates and a vigilant community, WordPress is committed to maintaining and supporting a secure platform. Best of all, our hosting services include us making these critical security updates for you.
- Blogging Capabilities: Originally developed as a blogging platform, WordPress remains an excellent choice for bloggers even today. It provides useful blogging features like categories, tags, featured images, and a commenting system to facilitate user engagement.
- Community Support: WordPress has a large and active community of users, developers, and contributors. This means you can easily find support, online tutorials, help videos, and resources if you encounter any issues or require assistance.
- Popularity: As of December 2023, over 45% of all websites on the Internet are powered by WordPress, a number that has grown each and every year since 2011. WordPress also has an over 65% share of the entire CMS market. Because of its popularity it is clear that WordPress is not going anywhere anytime soon — unlike other, less popular CMS platforms which could become obsolete. So when you build your new website using WordPress, you can expect continued support, innovation, new functionality, and much more for the foreseeable future.
Without a doubt, WordPress is the best option when it comes to choosing a content management system platform for most new websites. At The Rusty Pixel we are WordPress experts and can create you a brand-new website from scratch using this powerful platform — we even include a free 1-hour training session with all of our new web packages that include WordPress CMS.
Already have a WordPress website but need help? We can also take over the management or hosting of any existing WordPress web site.
Still not convinced? Contact us today with any questions you might have and to get started with a new WP site.